With a skateboard, you may easily bring the Californian feeling of freedom to your home and onto the road. Within the board, you not only cut a casual figure, nevertheless can also quickly learn various gets and overcome hurdles with ease. The smaller and harder the wheels, the better the table is for flips and tricks.
Find out in our check or comparison stand which first skateboard gives special riding comfort and which you can most quickly learn the techniques you might know coming from video games.
After hours researching and comparing all models on the market, Info Skateboard finds out the Best first skateboard of 2022. We would recommend using Venom Skateboards Kids Skateboard – Ice Lolly – Mini Junior Size Skateboard Kids age 3-10 Trick Skateboards for Beginners Boys Girls Skateboard – 7.25″/29″ Complete First Skateboard as it is a hight quality product.
Top 10 Best first skateboard
Best first skateboard
Venom Skateboards Kids Skateboard - Ice Lolly - Mini Junior Size Skateboard Kids age 3-10 Trick Skateboards for Beginners Boys Girls Skateboard - 7.25"/29" Complete First Skateboard
- VENOM KIDS SKATEBOARDS ✔️Kids sized Skateboard ideal for the younger rider or for a kids first skateboard. Best suites ages 3-10. Skateboards for girls and boys.
- EASY TO RIDE ✔️The smaller junior skateboard size makes the board lighter and easier to manoeuvre which makes it ideal for juniors or kids. Skateboard is great if your looking to learn to push around or to use in the skateparks.
- GREAT FOR TRICKS ✔️ 7ply double kick skate board deck with a concave shape exactly what you need to perform skate tricks ollies/kickflips etc
- SMOOTH RIDE ✔️ Features Venom skate formula Urethane skateboard wheels not plastic which you can get on cheap skateboards. ABEC 9 rated bearings to give you a smooth roll.
- UK SELLER ✔️ Designed and sold by British skateboarders here in the UK. Skate board comes fully assembled & ready to ride!
KandyToys Mini Complete Beginner Skateboard (16") - 6 Assorted Styles
- Double kick children's beginner skateboard with black grip tape for that classic look, and to help learners keep their feet on the board
- The deck measures 16.5 x 5 inches 6 Fun, brightly coloured designs any skater would love.
- 7 Ply Wooden Board to provide a sturdy surface ideal for beginners
- Good quality ABEC-5 Bearings to ensure a smooth ride
- 6 assorted styles. 1 sent at random. Max weight 20kg
Xootz Childs Mini Skateboard - 17 Inch (Blue Robot)
BELEEV Skateboard 22 inch Complete Cruiser Skateboard for Kids Teens Adults, LED Light up Wheels with All-in-One Skate T-Tool for Beginners (Purple)
- Easy to Go: Our mini skateboard complete comes fully assembled and ready to enjoy your joyride with this fully assembled cruiser! Simple and straightforward in design, 22" length x 6'' wide, make this board a blast to ride with plenty of room for your feet on top of the deck. Weighs 1.7Kg, easy to tote around, easily fits into a carry-on or backpack.
- Create Fun: The skateboard is equipped with light up wheels for some seriously cool cruising, the lights on the wheel when it rolls is bright and colorful, add an extra element of fun. You don’t have to worry about charging it or replacing batteries either, which always light up as you ride.
- Sturdy and Durable: The board is made of plastic, sturdy and durable, support riders up to 220lbs. The cruiser skateboard comes with 3.25" thick aluminum trucks for maximum speed and control. Tail for added control when riding, perfect for various maneuvers. Non-slip board for added safety.
- Smooth and FAST RIDE: The mini skateboard features PU wheels(59*45mm) with High Speed ABEC-7 Bearings and Shock Absorption System, it runs smoothly and fast even on surfaces that are uneven & bumpy. Comes with All-in-One Skate T-Tool, has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard.
- Fits for Everyone: The skateboard 22inch is designed for kids, teens or adults who want to have fun or get around town with a smooth and comfortable ride. Perfect for cruising to the store or on a tree lined, winding road and people of a wide range of ages.
BELEEV Cruiser Skateboard, 27 x 8 inch Complete Skateboard for Kids Teens and Adults, 7 Layer Canadian Maple Double Kick Deck Concave Trick Skate Board with All-in-One Skate T-Tool (Black)
- Easy to Go: Our cruiser skateboard comes fully assembled, ready to ride out of the box and hit the streets. 27 x 8 inch deck and 18 inch wheelbase make this board a blast to ride with plenty of room for your feet on top of the deck. Weighs only 5.0 pounds, you can easily ride, control and carry it around. Comes with All-in-One Skate T-Tool, has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard.
- Sturdy and Strong: The board is 10mm thick and composed of 7-Ply Canadian Maple Wood, strong and durable to withstand riders up to 220 pounds. It's equipped with 5" Heavy-Duty Aluminum Alloy Trucks, making them reliable and sturdy, safe for beginners and expert riders. It’s the perfect balance between ultimate cruising, carving and small enough to do some basic tricks. Perfect for kids 14+ year old , teens and adults.
- Smooth and Quick: The complete skateboard features Anti-Slippery 60*45mm 78A High-Rebound PU wheels, High Speed ABEC-7 Precision Bearings and Superior Shock Absorption, perfect for soaking up all those street bumps and sidewalk cracks all while giving you the smooth ride. Wheel Wells and Riser Pads work together to help to prevent wheel bite, making the board more safe and reliable.
- Easy to Control: Double asymmetric tail concave design for easier braking and allows more energy from your heels to toes. The waterproof emery anti-slip grip tape provides a great traction in between your shoes and the board for a safe riding experience. Keep you riding steadily with lots of control and balance. In addition, it has great grips that are not prone to scratches or ripped off easily.
- Beautiful and Durable Printing: The color and graphics design on the board is quite creative and eye-catching, you will definitely stand out among your friends across the different age range. Also, the pattern is printed with Heat Transfer Printing onto the board, durable and last for a long time. This should be your best pick for the best skateboard no doubt!
Xootz Kid'S Retro Plastic Complete Cruiser Skateboard - Purple, 22-Inch
- RETRO SKATEBOARD: design with Single-Kick for Popping Kerbs and Simple Skateboard Tricks
- FUN COLOURS: stand out with the pastel coloured designs and bright coloured wheels
- COMPACT SIZE: 22 x 6inches; small size ideal for Rucksacks and carrying Into School
- FEATURES: wheel size 60 x 45 mm with wheel hardness PUI 88A and 3.5 Inch plastic trucks
- STRONG MATERIAL: Plastic Skateboard Deck with ABEC-5 Carbon bearings and PVC 95A Bushing
Xootz Kid's Complete Retro Plastic Skateboard with LED Light Up Wheels, Green
- RETRO STYLE: skate board Penny Board is suitable for young skaters who want to cruise around and perform basic tricks
- BRIGHT LED: light up wheels make the board come to life for added fun by day or night
- SIMPLE DESIGN: influenced by retro skateboarding, with a single kick tail and a shape inspired by surfboards
- DURABLE MATERIAL: wheel size 60 x 45 mm ,wheel hardness PUI 88A , trucks 3.5 inch plastic, bearings ABEC-5 carbon, bushing - PVC 95A
- PERFECT SIZE: complete skateboard set-up with everything you need ready to skate, small 22 Inch size is an ideal for rucksacks and carrying into school
Osprey Kids Skateboard, 31 x 8 Inch Double Kick Skateboard for Beginners with Maple Deck, Boys & Girls, Multiple Designs
- OSPREY COMPLETE SKATEBOARD: The 31” x 8” Osprey Slime skateboard has a colourful and vibrant board design, making it the perfect gift for kids, up to a max weight of 100kg
- IDEAL FOR BEGINNERS: This makes the perfect entry level skateboard for kids learning to skate and perform new tricks, the 99A PU wheels makes the board glide across the floor for a smooth ride
- DURABLE CONCAVE DECK: Made from 9-ply maple, the deck is resilient and hardwearing, while the double kick capability of the board makes performing tricks easy for all ages
- 5” ALUMINIUM TRUCKS: Alongside 99A bushings and the ABEC 5 carbon bearings the board offers a great quality deck with all the features
- 80AB BLACK GRIP TAPE: With the Osprey Logo across the tape the board overs excellent control and manoeuvrability, while aiding balance on the board
GEEZY 17" Complete Skateboard Kids Mini SkateBoard Sharks Graffiti Outdoor Skate Board
- Great entry level skateboards, assorted designs - randomly sent.
- Dimensions: 17 Inches approximately,
- So much fun, this will make a perfect children's first skateboard.
- Not suitable for children with a body weight of more than 20 kg.
- The item is randomly sent in different designs.
Osprey Complete Skateboard, 31" x 8" Double Kick Skateboard For Kids and Adults, Concave Deck, Includes Grip Tape, Deck and Wheels, Emulsion
- BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE BOARD: is perfect for learning to skate and also for advanced users to perform tricks
- 31" CANADIAN MAPLE DECK: for long lasting durability and superior quality
- HIGH SPEC FOR A STURDY AND ULTRA SMOOTH RIDE: with ABEC 7 Chrome bearings, 5" aluminium trucks, 99A Bushings 4mm Riser Pads and 50 x 30mm HR 99A PU Wheels
- CONCAVE SHAPE FOR PERFORMING TRICKS - concave shape and double kick capability lets you perform tricks from the nose and tail of the board
- SUPER STRONG 80AB BLACK GRIP TAPE: for increased stability and control on your board (max tested weight 100kg)
Buying suggestions: How to find the proper product in our enjoyment comparison
The main details in a nutshell
- Since the invention of skateboards in California in the 1950s, skateboards have spread most over the universe.
- For starters, complete skateboards that have been assembled happen to be particularly suitable, as they are less expensive than buying the individual parts collectively.
- Soft wheels are particularly appropriate if you want to cover long distances upon rough ground. Intended for skate parks and learning tricks, smaller sized, harder wheels are actually better.
It’s summer season again. People are actually flocking outside again. The sun is definitely shining, you can smell the scent of trees and food. In the background you notice birds chirping, children laughing and seniors chatting. But in the distance, one more sound is looming: loud rolling and crashing noises betray the approaching skateboards from afar.
What for many is usually a noise hassle is for people who love skating much more than a sometimes noisy means of transfer. An expression of freedom, sport and belonging: the enjoyment.
Inside our skateboard evaluation buying guide, all of us make clear who developed the skateboard, how to learn to amusing and what conditions you should look for for top level amusing for your requirements.
Just what skateboard and who invented this?
In the year 1950s, the first surfers in California and Hawaii felt the requirement to continue their hobby on the streets of their house country. The surfers assembled the first skateboards from surfboards and metal wheels attached to roller skate axles.
More than the years, the recreational sport became more and even more popular and spread first in America and then more and more around the globe.
With the spread of skating, an complete industry grew, which usually ensured that the materials, size and shape of skateboards continued to alter and improve. Yet , the structure from the skateboards remained basically the same.
Every skateboard is usually a means of transport that usually consists of the following parts:
- The amusing deck- the panel that is curled at the ends, made of several levels of wood, on which the riders stands.
- On top of the deck is the so-called grip tape. This is a sandpaper-like coating that strengthens the rider’s grip on the board and makes tricks possible.
- Two axles are bolted towards the deck, which are responsible for steering and control.
- Again attached with these axles are two rollers every single, on which the skater rides.
There are ball bearings in these wheels that make the wheels roll in the first place.
- If you go to a skate shop, you usually have the decision between all of the specific parts or else you can purchase a complete, currently assembled skateboard. We have taken a better look at these kinds of skateboards, which happen to be particularly ideal for newbies, in our evaluation.
What types of skateboards are there?
Regular skateboards, longboards, mini longboards, mini skateboards (also called “cruisers”), snakeboards or even e-skateboards or finger skateboards – niche products around skateboarding come in all styles, colours and sizes.
Die-hard skateboarders hardly count e-skateboards and snakeboards and their very own riders among their particular peers, as the modes of procedure of the way of transport differ tremendously, which is how come we have generally compared classic skateboards and cruisers.
The most crucial variations between these two ways of concrete surfing can end up being found at a glance inside the desk below:
Skateboards, e. g. from the manufacturer “Element” are better fitted to overcoming smaller obstructions and learning methods.
- harder and smaller wheels
- stronger curvature on the “nose” (tip) from the deck
- generally somewhat narrower
- lighter and better fitted to tricks and hurdles
- lower riding comfort
For example, cruisers from “Globe” are excellent for long distances and as an alternative to a bicycle.
- softer and bigger rims
- extremely little curvity of the deck at the less wide nose
- generally somewhat wider
- more comfortable to ride
- heavier and hardly suited to tricks and leaps
The most important buying criteria intended for skateboards:
Deck dimensions rely on the shoe size and weight.
To get the perfect width of your deck, it is helpful to know your height and weight. Generally, the taller and heavier you are, the wider the deck should become for any comfortable stand. For lighter, more compact people, narrower planks are also recommended to possess the best likely board control.
In the event that you want to learn tricks and flips, it is smart to purchase a slightly narrower deck. These are lighter and turn faster with fewer effort. Especially intended for advanced riders who also have already perfected normal riding and perhaps the basic techniques and jumps, these types of models are a good choice.
Yet , if you happen to be still a novice, you are enhanced off with a slightly wider deck to figure out how to drive as well as fall off less often.
Normally, the dimensions of boards are given in inches. One inch is roughly equivalent to 2. 54 centimetres. This way you can quickly convert how wide the board is.
Regular: Classically, skateboards are between 7. five and 8. a few inches wide, which in turn compares to 19-22 cm. Though it doesn’t audio like a huge big difference, once you stand on the board, you can quickly notice it.
High quality ball bearings make riding less physically demanding.
In case you look for skateboard tests on the internet, you are going to quickly notice that the ball bearings are always rated individually. And rightly thus: High-quality skateboard wheels make the perfect basic need for riding quickly and for a long time, but only with good ball bearings can you acquire the greatest efficiency out of the pleasure.
Attention: Continue to keep the ball bearings aside from water and sand, as these will cause the ball bearings to corrosion or clog and the wheels will certainly turn less or not at most.
Ball bearings are classified according to the ABEC index. The higher the number about this index, the more significant the caliber of the ball bearings.
High-quality ball bearings are as a result important:
- mainly because they last a long time and are replaced fewer often
- turn particularly fast, therefore the skateboard gets from one destination to another quickly with less effort
- are less easily broken
Tip: There happen to be both open and closed ball bearings. Closed ball bearings are better safeguarded from rain and sand and thus corrosion slower and they are fewer likely to become damaged. If your ball bearings happen to be damaged, you can treat them with normal machine or door oil.
The softer the tires, the smoother the ride.
Similar to ball bearings, presently there are also rankings for skateboard wheels (also coined “skateboard wheels”). The steering wheel hardness is truly succumbed A.
The softest wheels have got a value of A75 plus the hardest wheels have a benefit of 100 or perhaps 101A. Some producers who produce specifically hard wheels also use the unit of measurement BWM. These are generally about 20 size values below the One. A B85 is therefore about the common as an A105 and is particularly hard.
The hardness of the wheel is decisive for the feeling and style of riding.
In this kind of small table you can understand the distinctions between soft and hard wheels:
Softer wheels (75A-94A):
Smooth wheels such as are frequently strikingly coloured, yet there are as well numerous white or perhaps inconspicuously printed versions.
- very suitable for rough surfaces and uneven surfaces
- relatively much quieter
- pleasant driving experience even in poor ground circumstances
- slides and grinds are more challenging to perform
- drive slower, because they stick more to the ground
Harder castors (95A-101A):
Hard tires are almost constantly white and frequently look almost edgy, as in this case in point.
- completely suited to smooth surfaces, electronic. g. in skate parks or about marble surfaces
- very fast acceleration
- well appropriate for flips and slides
- produce riding on rough surfaces much even more intense
- experience less grip and are more smooth, which makes using more difficult for beginners
Conclusion: harder wheels are perfect for advanced skaters who want to explore the streets and skateparks of the city and broaden your trick repertoire. For long distances, riding in halfpipes or perhaps similar, cruisers and the skateboard because a pure means of transport, soft wheels are better suitable. A good bargain for skateboard starters are medium-hard tires of 93A-96A. With these, all using styles are possible without problems in the majority of environments.
The optimal wheel size will depend on the height of the skateboard axle assemblies.
Apart from the hardness of the wheels, their particular size is also an important factor.
Usually, hard wheels are smaller, as that they should offer much less resistance for tricks and fast driving. “Wheels” of the softer type, about the other hand, are often somewhat greater and gives more get in touch with surface on the surface.
It is important that you do not get wheels that are too big. Especially if your skateboard axle assemblies are a little looser for softer steering and they are closer to the surface, large wheels can easily result in so-called “wheelbites”.
“Wheelbites” happen when your deck and wheels touch whilst riding. If this happens intended for more than a brief moment, the wheels stop content spinning and get caught. The rider can almost inevitably fall season off and damage themselves.
If you are not sure which wheels are the right size, it is advisable to get advice at a skate shop of your choice.
Right up until then, it is definitely best to keep in mind: the closer the axles and therefore the deck are to the ground, small the wheels should be to avoid restrictions whilst riding.
The best choice is the Venom Skateboards Kids Skateboard – Ice Lolly – Mini Junior Size Skateboard Kids age 3-10 Trick Skateboards for Beginners Boys Girls Skateboard – 7.25″/29″ Complete First Skateboard.
Video about best first skateboard
Frequently asked questions about skate boarding:
How do you skateboard?
Skateboarding is usually a skill in itself and requires a whole lot of practice and time.
However, the fundamental technique is very straightforward:
1. get upon the skateboard, how you feel cozy, which foot is in front, depends solely on your choice, as with riding a pedal scooter.
2. first try to keep your balance while standing.
3. as soon as you can, set your back ft . off the board and use it to give momentum (called ‘pushing’).
4. start slowly initially and stand up directly on the board again after pushing a couple of times.
5. usually make an effort to keep your centre of the law of gravity above the board thus as never to slip forward or backwards.
6. if you possibly can ride straight, make an effort to trip with your excess weight shifting to the right or remaining. The human body’s centre of gravity remains on the board. The looser your axles will be screwed, the quicker and easier you can steer.
7. To brake, place your back foot on the floor to reduce velocity.
If your front base is the remaining, skaters call this a “regular stance”; if your most suitable foot is found in front, it’s called a “goofy stance”.
As soon since you have perfected riding over much longer distances, you can easily try the first and perhaps most important skateboard trick: the ollie.
How carry out you figure out how to enjoyment?
Learning to enjoyment is an extended process that can only be achieved with passion and a lot of put in time.
As a sworn community, skaters are always open to questions and suggestions, and children and beginners particularly are always happy to offer help and guidance. So if you helping you to duplicate that impressive trick you just have seen or want several insider info, inquire other skaters pleasantly and nicely.
If you can’t hook up with additional skateboarding enthusiasts, right now there are YouTube tutorials for almost every area that you can watch.
How much time is a skateboard?
Usually skateboards are between twenty eight and 33 in . long, which is regarding 70 to eighty centimetres. The size of the skateboard is likewise crucial for the riding experience, but not really very as important as the size.
What should I consider when buying a skateboard for the children?
If boys or women: skateboards (often helped bring about by online games for the pc, such as the skateboard video games in the “Tony Hawk Pro Skater” series) fascinate children and are a great way to promote coordination and the joy of movement.
To bring in your children to this not free of risk sport as properly and well equipped as possible, you can do the next things:
– A skateboard helmet and knee pads are not the “coolest” factor you can purchase your child, nevertheless especially for beginners, the device will save some injuries.
– Sturdy and powerful shoes for skate boarding are essential. Check your grip tape quickly destroys the shoes, therefore they need to not be too expensive, but long lasting.
– Many companies and brands offer backpacks on which in turn the board may be stowed. Using a skateboard holder around the backpack, your kids will take their fresh hobby with these people everywhere.
Tip: May is included with own skateboard ramp or anything similar right aside, but let the kid learn to trip first and observe if the joy of the fresh hobby lasts for a longer time before you make any hasty purchases.
When you have mastered riding over for a longer time distances, you can easily try the initial and perhaps many important skateboard technique: the ollie.