Having a skateboard, you may easily bring the Californian feeling of freedom to your home and onto the street. On the board, you not only cut an informal figure, nevertheless can also quickly learn various jumps and overcome hurdles with ease. The smaller and harder the wheels, the better the panel is for flips and tricks.
Find out in our test or comparison table which skateboard for kids gives special riding comfort and ease and with which you can most easily learn the methods you might know from video gaming.
After hours researching and comparing all models on the market, Info Skateboard finds out the Best skateboard for kids of 2022. We would recommend using Xootz Kid’s Retro Plastic Complete Cruiser Skateboard – Bright Blue, 22-Inch as it is a hight quality product.
Top 10 Best skateboard for kids
Best skateboard for kids
Xootz Kid's Retro Plastic Complete Cruiser Skateboard - Bright Blue, 22-Inch
- RETRO SKATEBOARD: design with Single-Kick for Popping Kerbs and Simple Skateboard Tricks
- FUN COLOURS: stand out with the pastel coloured designs and bright coloured wheels
- COMPACT SIZE: 22 x 6inches; small size ideal for Rucksacks and carrying Into School
- FEATURES: wheel size 60 x 45 mm with wheel hardness PUI 88A and 3.5 Inch plastic trucks
- STRONG MATERIAL: Plastic Skateboard Deck with ABEC-5 Carbon bearings and PVC 95A Bushing
Xootz Childs Mini Skateboard - 17 Inch (Blue Robot)
Osprey Kids Skateboard, 31 x 8 Inch Double Kick Skateboard for Beginners with Maple Deck, Boys & Girls, Multiple Designs
- OSPREY COMPLETE SKATEBOARD: The 31” x 8” Osprey Savages skateboard has a tribal and unique board design, making it the perfect gift for kids, up to a max weight of 100kg
- IDEAL FOR BEGINNERS: This makes the perfect entry level skateboard for kids learning to skate and perform new tricks, the 99A PU wheels makes the board glide across the floor for a smooth ride
- DURABLE CONCAVE DECK: Made from 9-ply maple, the deck is resilient and hardwearing, while the double kick capability of the board makes performing tricks easy for all ages
- 5” ALUMINIUM TRUCKS: Alongside 99A bushings and the ABEC 5 carbon bearings the board offers a great quality deck with all the features
- 80AB BLACK GRIP TAPE: With the Osprey Logo across the tape the board overs excellent control and manoeuvrability, while aiding balance on the board
BELEEV Skateboard 22 inch Complete Mini Cruiser Skateboard for Kids Teens Adults, Led Light up Wheels with All-in-One Skate T-Tool for Beginners (Galaxy Blue)
- Easy to Go: Our mini skateboard complete comes fully assembled and ready to enjoy your joyride with this fully assembled cruiser! Simple and straightforward in design, 22" length x 6'' wide, make this board a blast to ride with plenty of room for your feet on top of the deck. Weighs 1.7Kg, easy to tote around, easily fits into a carry-on or backpack.
- Create Fun: The kids skateboard is equipped with light up wheels for some seriously cool cruising, the lights on the wheel when it rolls is bright and colorful, add an extra element of fun. You don’t have to worry about charging it or replacing batteries either, which always light up as you ride.
- Sturdy and Durable: The board is made of plastic, sturdy and durable, support riders up to 220lbs. The cruiser skateboard comes with 3.25" thick aluminum trucks for maximum speed and control. Tail for added control when riding, perfect for various maneuvers. Non-slip board for added safety.
- Smooth and Fast Ride: The mini skateboard features PU wheels(59*45mm) with High Speed ABEC-7 Bearings and Shock Absorption System, it runs smoothly and fast even on surfaces that are uneven & bumpy. Comes with All-in-One Skate T-Tool, has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard.
- Fits for Everyone: The skateboard 22inch is designed for kids, teens or adults who want to have fun or get around town with a smooth and comfortable ride. Perfect for cruising to the store or on a tree lined, winding road and people of a wide range of ages.
Xootz Kids Complete Beginners Double Kick Trick Skateboard Maple Deck - 31 x 8 Inches
- STARTER SKATEBOARD: with 5 inch heavy duty aluminium trucks; perfect for easy riding
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS: a great sturdy board with manoeuvrability; tested maximum user weight of 50 kg
- DURABLE DECK: made from 9 ply maple and strong black grip tape; the 31 inch deck withstands impact of skating
- BRIGHT DESIGNS: stand out and choose from 5 bright and colourful designs; perfect for Christmas or Birthday gifts
- ENSURES A SMOOTH RIDE: 54 x 35mm PVC wheels and 608z bearings create a reliable and sturdy skateboard for kids
ANIMILES 22” Skateboard for Kids, Skateboard for Girls with Colorful LED Wheels, Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard for Beginners Boys 6-12 (Colorful)
- SMOOTH AND FAST SHINY WHEELS - It is time to create fun and joy in this colorful skateboard. LED wheels that light up when you ride it! The faster you slide, the brighter the wheels light up. This skateboard for beginners doesn’t need charging and batteries! Skating at night is safer and cooler with our light up skateboard. Enjoy and make skateboarding an art, a sport and a lifestyle at the same time!
- FULLY ASSEMBLED - Mini Cruiser Skateboard for kids is ready to use straight from the box! This kids skateboard is light and compact to carry around anywhere you want to go! Get ready to fly down the street on this cruiser skateboard at any time and have the time of your life! It is a complete skateboard with a size of 22” x 6”
- AUTHENTIC AND HIGH QUALITY - The 3.25” aluminum alloy truck is perfectly rigid for long and fast descents. ABEC-7 precision bearings increase speed and don't make harsh noises. The Injection Cushion in this skateboard has superb shock absorption which eliminates some of the hidden dangers when skating. Beginners’ skateboard is durable with 60 x 45mm 78A PU skateboard wheels with great stability to give you a smooth ride even on bumpy roads and pavement cracks!
- STYLISH BOARD DECK - Skateboard with colorful LED wheels’ sturdy PP panel has a diamond-shaped design for a more secure ride. The panel is streamlined like a fish to move quickly through the pavements diving into the world of adventure. The exclusive design of the light up skateboard varies in style to suit young fashion lovers. Our cool mini skateboard makes you unique in the skate park or campus road because of its fashionable design!
- INNOVATIVE GIFT - Beginners’ skateboard is suitable for riders up to 220 lbs (100 kg), no matter if you’re a boy or a girl; child or teenager; beginner or experienced rider, this light up skateboard is for you! It is definitely perfect as a gift for your kids or friends during birthdays, Christmas, holidays and particularly any occasion!
Unibos Kids Childrens Beginner Assorted Design Mini Skateboard Assorted
- Classic mini Skateboard ideal for beginner
- Tough robust board
- Non-slip grip surface, ideal for beginner
- Light weight and easy to carry
- Great Product at Great Price. Including Fast and Free Delivery
Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser 22" Retro Skateboard for Kids Teens Adults, LED Light up Wheels With All-in-One Skate T-Tool (Light Green)
- Fully Assembled : Our mini skateboard complete comes fully assembled and ready to enjoy your joyride with this fully assembled cruiser! Simple and straightforward in design, 22" length x 6'' wide, make this board a blast to ride with plenty of room for your feet on top of the deck. Weighs 1.6Kg/3.5 pounds, easy to tote around, easily fits into a carry-on or backpack.
- Light up Skateboard Wheel: The skateboard is equipped with light up wheels for some seriously cool cruising, the lights on the wheel when it rolls is bright and colorful, add an extra element of fun.No need charging it or replacing batteries either, which always light up as you ride.
- High Quality: The board is made of plastic, sturdy and durable, support riders up to 220lbs. The cruiser skateboard comes with 3.25" thick aluminum trucks for maximum speed and control. Kicktail for added control when riding, perfect for various maneuvers. Non-slip board for added safety.
- Soft PU Wheels: The cruiser board features soft PU wheels, Perfect grip stability and shock absorption effect, high speed ABEC-7 bearings and premium shock absorption, and it is perfect for soaking up all those street bumps and sidewalk cracks all while giving you the smooth ride. And the cruiser board comes with all-in-one skate T-Tool to meet your needs.
- Perfect for Beginners: The beginner skateboard is designed for kids, teens or adults who want to have fun or get around town with a smooth and comfortable ride. Perfect for cruising to the store or on a tree lined, winding road and people of a wide range of ages.
Xootz Kid's Complete Retro Plastic Skateboard with LED Light Up Wheels, Pink
- RETRO STYLE: skate board Penny Board is suitable for young skaters who want to cruise around and perform basic tricks
- BRIGHT LED: light up wheels make the board come to life for added fun by day or night
- SIMPLE DESIGN: influenced by retro skateboarding, with a single kick tail and a shape inspired by surfboards
- DURABLE MATERIAL: wheel size 60 x 45 mm ,wheel hardness PUI 88A , trucks 3.5 inch plastic, bearings ABEC-5 carbon, bushing - PVC 95A
- PERFECT SIZE: complete skateboard set-up with everything you need ready to skate, small 22 Inch size is an ideal for rucksacks and carrying into school
ANYHOT Kids Complete Skateboard 31 x 8 inch Standard Skate Boards for kids or adults Beginners With 7 Layer Canadian Maple Double Kick Concave best gift for Teens Youth Adult (Lucky koi)
- 【Sturdy and Strong】 31" x 8" complete skateboard, high density 7 layers Canadian maple wood deck match with magnesium aluminum alloy bracket with better flexibility and durablity. Maximum load weight up to 220 pounds, Safe use for teen and adult, solid skateboard road wheels.
- 【Smooth and Ride】Skateboards use 85A 55mm High Rebound Pu Wheels, Super Quiet High-Speed Chrome Steel ABEC-7 Bearing with Strong Grip, And Superior Shock Absorption, Perfect for Soaking Up all Those Street Bumps and Sidewalk Cracks While Giving You the Smooth Ride.
- 【Easy to Control】Our skateboard features a mellow concave and double kicktail design , you can show your skating skill anywhere at any time. The waterproof emery non-slip grip provides a great traction in between your shoes and the board for a safe riding experience. it has great grips that are not prone to scratches or ripped off easily.
- 【Cool Patterns Design】Skateboard has 7 cool patterns for you to choose, Personalized pattern design on the board is quite creative and eye-catching, you will definitely stand out among your friends across the different age range.Skateboard sticker graphic design printed with thermal transfer printing process allows greater print durability. The pattern lasts much longer.
- 【Pre-Assembled Complete】You'll receive a complete skateboard and you can start a ride right now. As a beginner skateboard, it's an ideal gift for girls and boys. We provide excellent after-sale service. Please contact us if you have any question, we will reply you in 24 hours.
Buying advice: How to find the correct product within our amusing comparison
The most crucial details in a nutshell
- Since the invention of skateboards in California in the 1950s, skateboards have spread almost all over the world.
- For beginners, complete skateboards who have been assembled happen to be particularly suitable, as they are less costly than buying the individual parts together.
- Soft rims are particularly suitable if you wish to cover long distances about rough ground. Intended for skate parks and learning tricks, smaller sized, harder wheels are actually better.
It’s summer season again. People are actually flocking outside once again. The sun is shining, you may smell the scent of trees and food. In the background you hear birds chirping, children laughing and seniors chatting. But in the distance, one more sound is looming: loud rolling and crashing noises betray the approaching skateboards from afar.
What for many is usually a noise nuisance is for skaters much more than a sometimes loud means of transfer. An expression of freedom, sport and belonging: the skateboard.
Inside our skateboard comparison buying guide, all of us explain who developed the skateboard, how to learn how to skateboard and what standards you should search for for top level skateboard for your needs.
Just what skateboard and who invented it?
In the year 1950s, the 1st surfers in California and Hawaii thought the need to continue their very own hobby on the streets with their residence country. The surfers assembled the primary skateboards from surfboards and metal rims attached to painting tool skate axles.
Above the years, the recreational sport became more and more popular and spread first in the usa and then more and more all over the world.
With the spread of skating, an whole industry grew, which usually ensured that the materials, size and shape of skateboards continued to alter and improve. However , the structure of the skateboards remained simply the same.
Every skateboard is definitely a means of transport that usually contains the subsequent parts:
- The skateboard deck- the panel that is curled at the ends, made from several tiers of wood, upon which the rider stands.
- On top of the deck is the so-called grip recording. This is a sandpaper-like coating that strengthens the rider’s grip on the board and makes tricks possible.
- Two axles are bolted towards the deck, which are responsible for steering and control.
- Again mounted on these axles happen to be two rollers every single, on which the skater rides.
Right now there are ball bearings in these wheels that make the wheels roll in the first place.
- If you go to a skate shop, you usually have the decision between all of the individual parts or you can get a complete, currently assembled skateboard. All of us have taken a better look at these kinds of skateboards, which are particularly well suited for beginners, in our evaluation.
What types of skateboards exist?
Normal skateboards, longboards, minuscule longboards, mini skateboards (also called “cruisers”), snakeboards or maybe e-skateboards or finger skateboards – niche items around skateboarding come in all shapes, colours and sizes.
Die-hard skateboarders barely count e-skateboards and snakeboards and their riders among their particular peers, as the modes of operation of the way of transport differ significantly, which is why we have primarily compared classic skateboards and cruisers.
The main variations between these two ways of concrete surfing can end up being found at a glance in the desk below:
Skateboards, e. g. from the manufacturer “Element” are better suited to overcoming smaller obstacles and learning tricks.
- harder and smaller wheels
- tougher curvature on the “nose” (tip) of the deck
- frequently somewhat narrower
- lighter and better fitted to tricks and hurdles
- lower riding comfort
For case, cruisers from “Globe” are excellent for long distances and as an alternative to a bicycle.
- softer and larger tires
- extremely little curvature of the deck at the narrow nose
- often somewhat wider
- more comfortable to ride
- heavier and hardly ideal for tricks and jumps
The most crucial buying standards for skateboards:
Deck dimensions rely on the shoe size and weight.
To get the best width of the deck, it is useful to know your level and weight. Generally, the taller and heavier you will be, the wider the deck should be to get a comfortable stand. For lighter, more compact people, narrower boards are also recommended to have got the best possible board control.
In the event that you want to find out tricks and flips, it is wise to obtain a slightly narrower deck. These types of are lighter and turn into faster with much less effort. Especially intended for advanced riders whom have already learned normal riding and maybe the basic techniques and jumps, these models are a good choice.
However , if you will be still a beginner, you are better off with a slightly wider deck to learn to ride safely and fall away less often.
Normally, the dimensions of planks are given in inches. One inch is roughly similar to 2. 54 cm. This way you can quickly convert how wide the board is.
Typical: Classically, skateboards are between 7. a few and 8. five inches wide, which usually corresponds to 19-22 centimetres. Even though it doesn’t sound like a major difference, once you stand on the board, you are going to quickly notice this.
High quality ball bearings make riding less physically demanding.
In case you look intended for skateboard tests about the internet, you will quickly notice that the ball bearings are rated individually. And rightly thus: High-quality skateboard wheels are a good basic requirement for riding quickly and for a long time, but only with good ball bearings can you obtain the greatest overall performance out of the skateboard.
Attention: Always keep the ball bearings aside from water and sand, as these kinds of will cause the ball bearings to corrosion or clog and the wheels will certainly turn less or perhaps not at most.
Ball bearings are actually classified according to the ABEC index. The more significant the number about this index, the more significant the quality of the ball bearings.
High-quality ball bearings are consequently important:
- because they last a long time and are replaced fewer often
- turn particularly fast, so the skateboard gets from one location to another quickly with less effort
- are much less easily ruined
Tip: There will be both open and closed ball bearings. Closed ball bearings are better protected from rain and sand and therefore corrosion slower and are fewer likely to end up being damaged. If the ball bearings happen to be damaged, you can treat them with regular machine or door oil.
The softer the rims, the smoother the ride.
Similar to ball bearings, presently there are also rankings for skateboard rims (also coined “skateboard wheels”). The tire hardness is in fact given in A.
The softest wheels have got a worth of A75 and the hardest rims have a benefit of 100 or 101A. Some companies who produce specifically hard wheels as well use the product of measurement BWM. They are about 20 size values under the One. A B85 is therefore about the common as an A105 and it is hard.
The hardness of the wheel is decisive for the sense and style of riding.
In this small table you can understand the differences between soft and hard wheels:
Smoother wheels (75A-94A):
Gentle wheels like these are generally strikingly coloured, but there are likewise numerous white or inconspicuously printed versions.
- very well suited for rough surfaces and uneven surfaces
- relatively much noise-free
- pleasant traveling experience even in poor ground circumstances
- slides and grinds are more difficult to perform
- drive slower, as they stick more to the ground
Harder castors (95A-101A):
Hard wheels are almost constantly white and sometimes appearance almost edgy, as in this example.
- perfectly suitable for smooth surfaces, at the. g. in skate parks or on marble surfaces
- very fast speed
- well suited for flips and slides
- help to make riding on rough surfaces much more physically demanding
- have less grip and are more slippery, which makes driving more difficult for beginners
Conclusion: harder wheels are simply perfect for advanced skaters whom want to explore the streets and skateparks of the city and increase your trick repertoire. For long miles, riding in halfpipes or similar, cruisers and the skateboard because a pure ways of transport, soft tires are better suitable. A good give up for skateboard starters are medium-hard rims of 93A-96A. With these, all driving styles are possible without problems in most environments.
The optimal wheel size depends on the level of the skateboard axles.
Apart from the hardness of the wheels, their size is also an essential factor.
Usually, hard wheels happen to be smaller, as they should offer much less resistance for tips and fast using. “Wheels” of the softer type, about the other palm, are often somewhat larger and gives more get in touch with surface on the surface.
It is vital that you do not purchase wheels that will be too big. Particularly if your skateboard axle assemblies are a tiny looser for smoother steering and therefore are better to the ground, large wheels can easily bring about so-called “wheelbites”.
“Wheelbites” happen when your deck and wheels touch although riding. In such a circumstance for more than a brief moment, the wheels stop rotating and get trapped. The rider might almost inevitably show up off and damage themselves.
If you are not sure which wheels would be the right size, it is advisable to get advice at a skate shop of your choice.
Right up until then, it is best to keep in mind: the closer the axles and so the deck are to the ground, small the wheels ought to be to avoid restrictions although riding.
The best choice is the Xootz Kid’s Retro Plastic Complete Cruiser Skateboard – Bright Blue, 22-Inch.
Video about best skateboard for kids
Frequently asked questions about skateboarding:
How do you skateboard?
Skateboarding is a skill in by itself and requires a whole lot of practice and time.
However, the fundamental technique is fairly straightforward:
1. get about the skateboard, just how you feel comfy, which foot is within front, depends exclusively on your inclination, just like riding a pedal scooter.
2. first try to keep your sense of balance while standing.
3. as soon because you can, place your back foot off the table and use it to give momentum (called ‘pushing’).
4. commence slowly at first and stand up straight on the board again after driving once or twice.
5. always try to keep your centre of gravity over a board as a result as never to slip forward or in reverse.
6. if you possibly could ride straight, try to ride with your weight shifting to the right or still left. Your body’s centre of gravity remains on the board. The looser your axles happen to be screwed, the faster and easier you can steer.
7. To brake, place your back foot on the ground to reduce rate.
If the front base is the remaining, skaters call this kind of a “regular stance”; if your best foot is in front, it’s known as a “goofy stance”.
As soon as you have perfected riding over longer distances, you can easily try the first and perhaps most significant skateboard trick: the ollie.
How carry out you figure out how to pleasure?
Learning to enjoyment is a lengthy process that can just be achieved with passion and a lot of put in time.
As a sworn community, people who love skating are always open to questions and tips, and children and beginners particularly are constantly happy to offer help and suggestions. So if you helping you to duplicate that impressive strategy you just have seen or want some insider info, inquire other skaters pleasantly and nicely.
If you can’t connect with various other skateboarding enthusiasts, presently there are YouTube tutorials for almost every area that you may watch.
How long is a skateboard?
Usually skateboards are between twenty eight and 33 ins long, which is regarding 70 to eighty centimetres. The size of the skateboard is additionally essential for the driving experience, but not very as essential as the thickness.
What should I consider when shopping for a skateboard for the children?
Whether boys or women: skateboards (often helped bring about by games for the computer system, including the skateboard games in the “Tony Hawk Pro Skater” series) fascinate kids and are a great way to promote coordination and the joy of movement.
To expose your children to this not free of risk sport as properly and well prepared as possible, you can do the subsequent things:
– A skateboard helmet and knee pads are certainly not the “coolest” factor you can purchase your child, but especially for newbies, the equipment will conserve some injuries.
– Sturdy and strong shoes for skate boarding are essential. The grip tape quickly ruins the shoes, therefore they should not become very costly, but long lasting.
– Many producers and brands present backpacks on which in turn the board may be stowed. Using a skateboard holder within the backpack, your children may take their new hobby with all of them everywhere.
Tip: Avoid buy your own enjoyment ramp or some thing similar right aside, but let the child learn to drive first and discover if the happiness of the fresh hobby lasts much longer before you make any hasty acquisitions.
As soon as you have perfected riding over longer distances, you can try the initial and perhaps most important skateboard technique: the ollie.