Be it skateboarding or be it riding a bike, any such sport requires you to wear additional gears or accessories. Do you have it all? If not, is a helmet something that you lack? In extreme sports such as riding a skateboard or a bike, injuries are very likely to occur as you may slip or fall at any moment.
Yes, injuries do tell better stories than tattoos but an injury to your head can be very dangerous as it may lead to concussions or even worse, internal bleeding. Therefore it is safer to wear a helmet instead of being a badass in such cases. With that being said, this article will probably help you get a better insight on the best skateboarding helmets currently in the market.
Top 10 Best Skateboard Helmets
Best Skateboard Helmets
JBM Skate Helmet Safety Protection for Multi-Sports Skateboarding Scooter Roller Skate Inline Skating Two Wheel Electric Board Cycling Bicycle Mountain Biking Road Bike BMX MTB Road Bike and Other Sports [Impact Resistance]
Any helmet should be resistant to impact and durable. That way it keeps your head safe from injuries. This helmet has a tough outer shell and therefore is very sturdy and prevent damage to you. Even though the outer layer is tough the inner lining is soft and acts as a shock absorber in case of a crash.
Once you have such a protective gear in your arsenal, would you not feel more secure in performing more high-end moves? So have no risk and do all the flips and tricks you wish to do without fearing to be spit open in the forehead. Another thing that happens when using normal helmets is that you sweat and with time your head starts to itch and gives off a bad odor.
But this helmet is designed with ventilation. With such an aerodynamic structure and aerated foam, the helmet prevents you from sweating and keeps your head cool during rigorous exercises. So if you do go for long rides, do not worry about too much sweat accumulation.
The helmet also has adjustable straps and therefore can be tightened according to your preferences. This flexibility is also ensured. With excellent quality and being very lightweight, this is one of the best skateboarding helmets you ought to take a look at.
This too is another helmet worth checking out at the store. It has high density but is still light in weight and therefore even though it gets the job done you do not feel as if you have something weighing down on you. The outer shell is injection molded PE and the inner part has a 2 stage foam lining that protects you against small collisions and crashes. Given that it acts as a shock absorber it gives you further protection.
In many helmets you have sweat running down your face. Here, however, due to wicking liners and fabrics being present, sweat is prevented from dripping. Thus your vision is not clouded or hampered and you have moved about freely and do you work uninterrupted. Say sayonara to dabbing your forehead while wearing a helmet.
Compared to the previous helmet the vents here are very large. With 11 vents in total, the helmet ensures you stay dry and focused. With such great flow of air in and out, sweat accumulation within the helmet is very unlikely. Chances are you will not feel too hot, nor feel itchy.
All in all, this is both comfortable and versatile and so while you have this at your disposal, do not say no to any sports activity. Undoubtedly one of the best skateboarding helmets today.
Flybar Skateboard Helmet - Multi-Sport Impact Protection for Youth and Adults for Bike, Inline and Roller Skating, Skateboarding, BMX, Scooter, and Sports Activities
Flybar is famous for all the helmets that they make. All their helmets are certified by CPSC and ASTM. This just goes to show how reliable they are. Be it for cycling or skateboarding, this is one board that guarantees your safety. Available in 7 colors and designs, you have a wide range to choose from.
Cool prints are present and you even have a solid matte finish. There is 12 large vents present which means air can easily pass in and out and aerate you. Thus you not only keep cool but there is also no buildup of sweat and so no unwanted odor. You also do not feel itchy. All the helmets that you find from Flybar are available in different sizes, namely small, medium, large and extra-large.
This means that these products are for anyone and everyone to use and no one feels left out. In order to get the perfect size and fit, measure the circumference of your head and choose accordingly. The outer shell is pretty strong to provide you with enough protection and the inner lining has foam to act as a shock absorber and give you a cozy feeling.
Each helmet features an adjustable spin dial. This further ensures a perfect fit for you and the tighter the helmet, the safer you are. With all such amazing features, this is one of the best skateboarding helmets available out there.
Mongoose Urban Youth/Adult Hardshell Helmet for Scooter, BMX, Cycling and Skateboarding, Black/Orange, 56-59cm
- Skate, scoot & ride in SAFETY with the Mongoose Urban helmet for use with BMX, skateboards, stunt scooters or roller skates
- Fitting size between 56-59cm means this helmet is suitable for both youth's aged 8+ and adult's alike
- TOUGH outer shell absorbs impacts to help reduce risk of head injuries
- SECURE chin strap with ADJUSTABILTY for maximum SAFETY
- 12 BREATHABLE air vents for high air flow and VENTILATION
Schwinn Kids Character Bike Helmet, Toddler, 3-5 Years Old, 48-52 cm, Dial Fit Adjustable, Blue Fish
- Skate, scoot & ride in SAFETY with the Schwinn Fish toddler helmet for use with your childs bicycle, skateboard, scooter or roller skates
- Easy adjust dial fit retention system offers ADJUSTABILITY between 48-52cm ideal for children aged 2+
- TOUGH outer shell absorbs impacts to help reduce the risk of head injuries
- SECURE chin fastener with ADJUSTABILTY for maximum SAFETY
- 10 BREATHABLE air vents for high air flow and VENTILATION
JBM Skateboard Helmet CPSC ASTM Certified Impact Resistance Ventilation for Multi-Sports Cycling Skateboarding Scooter Roller Skate Inline Skating Rollerblading Longboard (Blue, Small)
- IMPACT RESISTANCE -The skateboard helmet adopts durable tough shell with soft liner which could absorb external pressure caused by crash in skating activities. Wearing the scooter helmet, will feel much safer and more confident, and thus perform better in sports activities.
- VENTILATION -As designed with multiple vents, special aerodynamic design and breathable foam, the skate helmets help reduce sweating and keep men and women feel cool even during intense body movement, which is considered as cool helmets for skateboarding or roller skate.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS FOR BETTER FIT -The skateboarding helmets equipped with adjustable straps for adult to adjust flexibly to get a better fit. As adopt lightweight material with excellent quality, this skating helmet won't cause additional pressure to head. Adult wear the longboard helmets safe and comfortable.
- MULTI SPORTS GEAR -As ideal skateboard accessories, the cool helmets are widely used in skating activities such as skateboarding, roller skating, inline skate, scooter, rollerblading, longboard and two wheel electronic board. As play great protective function during these activities, the skateboard helmets are considered as the best helmets for skating activities.
- PACKAGE -Helmet X1; Small: 18.1’’-19.3"( Kids ), Medium: 19.7’’-21.7'' (Youth), Large: 20.9’’-23.2''(Adult).
UniqueFit Kids&Adult Helmet Adjustable Protective Helmet for Scooter Cycling Roller Skate,CPSC&ASTM Certified Helmet (black, Medium)
- 1.[Adjustable Size helmet for kids youth and adults]--Our helmet is adjustable(Small: 48-54cm/18.9-21.25inch);Medium for youth 8 to 14years old(Medium: 55-58cm/21.5-22.75inch);large size for adults( Large:59-62cm/23.23"-24.41").
- 2.[CPSC &CE& ASTM certified 2020 New Bike skateboard helmet]--ALL our helmets passed CPSC &CE& ASTM certification,buyer safety is the most important thing for our seller,your safety,I promise.
- 3.[Helmet Materials ]--ABS outer shell with high-density EPS inner shell, thickened soft sponge, comfortable and durable.
- 4.[Compatible sports]--Our helmet is wide used for scooter, skateboard, bicycle, roller and many other outdoor sports activity.
- 5.[COOL beautiful color and breathable]:--This one Designed with multiple vents and breathable foam, which can reduce sweating and keep buyer feel cool even during intense body movement. The best choice and gift for you and your Children.
Osprey Skate Helmet - Adults and Kids BMX, Skate, Scooter, Bike Lightweight Helmet– Multiple Designs
- Outer shell made from impact resistant ABS for durability; elegant black chinstrap features a quick release micro buckle for easy on/off in case of emergency
- EPS lining helps absorb impact, whilst keeping the helmet lightweight
- 11 air vents located at strategic points in the ABS shell (two front, seven top, two rear) ensure the optimum amount of breathability for additional comfort
- Conforms to CPSC and CE EN 1078: 1997 standards, tested and certified and suitable for skateboarding, roller skating, cycling, skiing and snowboarding
- Size guide: X-Small (48-54 cm)
Triple 8 Brainsaver EPS Unisex Rubber Helmet, Blue, XS/S
- Classic skate style with Dual Certified protection
- ABS Outer Shell with EPS liner
- Complete with our renowned Sweatsaver Fit Pads for added comfort
- Includes 2 sets of fit pads to customize fit
- A streamlined take on the classic Brainsaver shape
Pro Kids Skate Helmet Ages Guide 10-16 Ideal for Cycling Skateboarding, Bikes and Stunt Scooters Head Sizes 58-61cm (Black)
- Kids HIKS Pro Skate Helmet is perfect for use with Scooters, Bikes, Skates and Skateboards.
- With the adjustable headband dial, this helmet is designed for head sizes of 58 - 61 cm, we would expect it to fit children between the ages of 10 and 16 (please keep in mind that this is just a guide).
- While offering full rear head coverage protection for added safety, the helmet still manages to keep your child's head cool with a 14 Air vent cooling system.
- Made to CE Standards and tested to EN 1078 safety standards. Manufactured with a EPS inner Impact Absorbing Liner with ABS outer for the highest level of impact protection.
- Available in Black, Pink, Purple Green & Blue
What to Look for Best Skateboarding Helmets when Buying
When you are actually going to buy a helmet, there are many things you ought to look out for. Here are a few from the top of our minds
You will easily feel hot and sweaty if proper ventilation is not present. So when buying a helmet try going for one that has large vents to let air pass through.
Foams in the inner lining act as shock absorbers and therefore make sure you withstand impacts and do not suffer from brain damage in cases of crashes or collisions
Since this is a headgear you will definitely feel uncomfortable if you wear something heavy. So do not feel as if something is weighing down on you, make sure your gear is light in weight
The main purpose of your helmet is to protect your head. The only way it can do that is if it can withstand impacts. So check to see if the outer shell is actually tough or not.
There are many features that come to mind when looking for the best skateboarding helmets. Starting from the design to the adjustable straps there are many things you should look out for. With many products in the market which one do you choose? Hopefully, this article will help you make that decision and you can choose the best skateboarding helmets.